Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week 6 EDCI 5825

I am glad I finally got the opportunity to sit down and read through my peer's blog posts.  It was a learning experience in itself to investigate what others had to say about weekly readings. I found that many people had similar thoughts, while also bringing new perspectives to the material. Looking at everyone's voki was also amusing and it is interesting to notice how many different personalities there are. Through exploring the blogs I also gained some new creative ideas and ways to construct my own blog, as well as future blogs. 
I really enjoyed TJ's blog, Journey. I think that it was very organized and one comment stood out to me especially. On June 14th, under the heading "Collaborative Tools," TJ wrote: "The knowledge of the 21st century learners is shaped by the environment. Collaborative tools and interacting with others is one way to gain knowledge because students are able to learn from the more knowledgeable other." I honestly never thought of technology in this way - as the "more knowledgeable other." Realizing this makes technology a standard and proves its significance in educational systems.  TJ also suggests that learning is shaped by the environment, a common theme running through all of my classes this semester. The context of teaching is extremely significant since a student's comfort is dependent on it. Incorporating technology into both context (and content) therefore contributes a plethora of dependable resources to the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment